ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071430

Date first listed: 26-Feb-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Oct-1980

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071430 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 11:01:10.

Location

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Ashford (District Authority)

Parish: Little Chart

National Grid Reference: TQ 94323 46939

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5272 LITTLE CHART CALEHILL PARK Roman Catholic Chapel (formerly listed as Calehill Mansion) TQ 94 NW 10/36 26.2.51. II 2. C19. This is the only remaining wing of the former Calehill Mansion, originally built in the C18. All except this C19 addition was demolished in 1954. This was the family chapel of the Darell family. Two storeys red brick. Hipped slate roof with square brick tower rising out of it, with modillion cornice and square wooden cupola surmounted by a weather vane. Modillion eaves cornice. Three sashes with glazing bars intact. The ground floor has 3 round-headed sashes. To the left is a one storey brick section with round-headed entrance, which originally was linked to Calehill House.

Listing NGR: TQ9432346939

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 181029

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing