LANE HEAD FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071574
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Statutory Address:
LANE HEAD FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

Map

Ordnance survey map of LANE HEAD FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071574 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 13:16:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
LANE HEAD FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Tatham
National Grid Reference:
SD 61894 67764

Details

SD 66 NW TATHAM

2/87 Lane Head Farmhouse and barn 4-10-1967 adjoining to west

- II

House, 1742, with barn probably later. Sandstone rubble with steep tile roof. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys with attic, 2 bays. Windows have plain stone surrounds and flat-faced mullions and are of 2 lights except for the right-hand ground-floor one which is of 3 lights. Door, in middle bay, has plain stone surround. Above is a plaque inscribed: 'JBJ 1742'. Gable chimneys. The barn, at the left, has a lower slate roof. Its wide entrance has plain reveals and a segmental arch. To its left are 2 windows with plain reveals, the left-hand one within a blocked doorway.

Listing NGR: SD6189467764

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182623
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14365/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Doug McNeill. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].