HOUSE ON EAST SIDE OF FARMYARD AT RINGSTONES AND BARN ADJOINING TO NORTH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071585
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Statutory Address:
HOUSE ON EAST SIDE OF FARMYARD AT RINGSTONES AND BARN ADJOINING TO NORTH, RINGSTONES LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOUSE ON EAST SIDE OF FARMYARD AT RINGSTONES AND BARN ADJOINING TO NORTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071585 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 04:34:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOUSE ON EAST SIDE OF FARMYARD AT RINGSTONES AND BARN ADJOINING TO NORTH, RINGSTONES LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Tatham
National Grid Reference:
SD 66430 65400

Details

SD 66 NE TATHAM RINGSTONES LANE

3/112 House on east side of farmyard at 4-10-1967 Ringstones and barn adjoining to north

GV II House and barn, 1742. Sandstone rubble with roof of stone slate on house and slate on barn. House of 2 storeys and 2 bays. Windows have plain stone surrounds and flat-faced mullions and are of 2 lights at the left and 3 at the right. Between bays is a single-storey gabled porch whose outer door has plain reveals and inner door a plain stone surround. Above is a plaque inscribed: 'IC[?]G 1742'. Coped gables and end chimneys. The rear wall has windows with flat-faced mullions and a stair window with one transom. Inside, there is a shouldered stone fireplace. The barn adjoining to the left has a wide entrance with plain reveals and segmental arch.

Listing NGR: SD6643065400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182649
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16798/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Thoume. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].