HIGH PARK HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071588
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Statutory Address:
HIGH PARK HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGH PARK HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071588 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2019 at 10:03:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
HIGH PARK HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Wray-with-Botton
National Grid Reference:
SD 63638 66207

Details

SD 66 NW WRAY-WITH-BOTTON

2/123 High Park House Farmhouse and farm 4-10-1967 building adjoining to south

- II

House and farm building, mid C19th with C17th remains. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. House of 2 storeys and 2 bays. Windows modern with plain reveals. Between bays is a single-storey gabled porch with re-set outer doorway. This has a moulded surround with triangular head and a lintel inscribed: 'RB 1680'. Gable chimneys. Adjoining to the left at a lower level is a farm building. The right-hand bay appears to be the oldest and has rebated and chamfered mullioned windows, of 3 lights on the ground floor and 2 above. To the left of a straight joint is a door with plain reveals and a re-set moulded shaped lintel inscribed: 'IMW 1707'. Further left is a wide barn entrance, now blocked and containing a window. Above it is a pitching door. At the left is a lean-to addition.

Listing NGR: SD6363866207

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182659
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].