This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HOME FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH WEST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HOME FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH WEST

List entry Number: 1071599

Location

HOME FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH WEST

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Over Wyresdale

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 182577

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 55 SE OVER IWRfSDALE ABBEYSTEAD

12/41 Home Farmhouse and farm building - adjoining to south-west.

GV II

House and farm building, 1891, probably by Douglas. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys. Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions. Front wall has gabled projecting wing with drip course which continues around left-hand part of building. On the ground floor the wing has an 8-light mullioned and transomed window. On the lst floor are a 2-light and 4-light window under the same hood. Under the apex is a single-light window with elliptical head, Door to right has moulded surround with shaped lintel inscribed: '1891'. To the right of the wing the main facade has one bay with a 3-light window jettied forward at 1st floor level on stone corbels and under a gable. To the left of the wing the facade has a ground-floor cross window. chimneys to left of wing and on right-hand gable. Gables are coped with ball finials. The left-hind gable wall has a mullioned and transomed canted bay window on the around floor and a 4-light window above. To the right of the front of the building a single-story link joins it to farm building which has a gable facing forwards. its right-hand return wall (facing south-west) has 2 chamfered elliptical arches springing from a central pier and forming the entrance to a cart shed. Above and between them under a small gable is a loading door. To the right is a gable, jettied forwards on stone corbels at 1st floor level. On the qround floor, under the jetty, is a 2-light window with flat-faced mullion. To its right is a doorway. On the 1st floor is another doorway. Gables have copings.

Listing NGR: SD5617854290

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 56178 54290

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071599 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Feb-2018 at 03:47:56.

End of official listing