GOOSE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF BLANDS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071610

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: GOOSE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF BLANDS FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GOOSE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF BLANDS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071610 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 13:13:51.

Location

Statutory Address: GOOSE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF BLANDS FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Tatham

National Grid Reference: SD 62495 69672

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 66 NW TATHAM

2/71 Goose house approx. 15 metres south- - west of Blands Farmhouse

GV II

Goose house, with pigeon loft above, early C19th. Sandstone rubble. A conical corbelled hut of dry stone walling surmounted by a cap of dressed sandstone, square on plan at the base and with a faceted dome on top. This dressed stone was probably a waste piece from the sandstone quarry which adjoined. The base of the building is now overgrown and the entrance not visible. Probably built by Arthur Burrow the second, known as 'Perpetual Arthur' (1759-1827). In a letter dated December 1935 Baldwin Bent of Wray House records a meeting with Arthur Burrow's grandson who told him the purpose of the building.

Listing NGR: SD6249569672

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182607

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing