LOWER GREENBANK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071632
Date first listed:
02-May-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
LOWER GREENBANK

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER GREENBANK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071632 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 03:53:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
LOWER GREENBANK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Over Wyresdale
National Grid Reference:
SD 52579 54313

Details

SD 55 SW OVER WYRESDALE

11/25 Lower Greenbank (formerly listed as 2-5-1968 Lower Greenbank House and Lower Greenhank Cottage)

- II

House, 1676, altered. Slobbered rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic. South wall has 2 bays which have windows with plain stone surrounds and are sashed with glazing bars except for the right-hand one on the ground floor which is offset to the right and modern. Between these bays there is a chamfered one-light window. Above it on the 1st floor is a 3-light rebated and chamfered mullioned window. Under the eaves is a blocked one-light chamfered window. The attic is lit by 2 timber dormers. Gable chimneys. The north wall has a drip course to the left of the door. Under it is a rebated and chamfered window with one mullion remaining. The wall above is blank. Above and to the right of the door there is a 3-light rebated and chamfered mullioned window. The door has a chamfered surround with a shaped lintel inscribed: 'TGC 1676'. At the right a wing projects forwards. Its east wall has a ground-floor window with plain stone surround. On the 1st floor are windows with similar surrounds and 6-pane sashes. At the left on the ground floor is a blocked door with plain stone surround.

Listing NGR: SD5257954313

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182561
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/13287/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Thoume. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].