STABLES WEST OF OVER HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1071662
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Statutory Address:
STABLES WEST OF OVER HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES WEST OF OVER HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071662 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 15:34:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLES WEST OF OVER HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Ireby
National Grid Reference:
SD 65829 75809

Details

SD 67 NE 3/135

IREBY Stables west of Over Hall

4-10-1967

GV II* Stables, 1690, altered. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Right-hand part of facade of 3 bays with cyma-moulded windows. Those on the ground floor have surrounds only remaining. On the 1st floor they have round heads. In the middle bay is a doorway with long-and-short jambs and a plain lintel. Re-set above it is a lintel inscribed '1690'. The left-hand part of the facade has 3 doors with plain reveals, except for the right-hand one which has a worn cyma moulding. To the right of the left-hand door is a window with plain reveals. On the 1st floor is a pitching door with plain reveals. To its left is a blocked one-light chamfered window. Inside, the roof trusses appear to have tie beams and raking queen struts.

Listing NGR: SD6582975809

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182431
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14484/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Le Mare. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].