CANTSFIELD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071714
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
04-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
CANTSFIELD HOUSE, A687

Map

Ordnance survey map of CANTSFIELD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071714 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 23:52:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
CANTSFIELD HOUSE, A687

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Cantsfield
National Grid Reference:
SD 61984 72885

Details

CANTSFIELD A687 SD 67 SW

5/66 Cantsfield House (formerly listed as Cantsfield House and Yew Trees) 4-10-1967 GV II

House, 1725, altered, with late C17th remains. Stuccoed, with sandstone dressings and slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays, with chamfered quoins and cyma cornice. Windows sashed with glazing bars and plain stone surrounds, those on the ground floor with sills lowered. Door, in central bay, has plain stone surround. Above is a plaque with decorative border inscribed: 'ITI 1725'. Chimneys on gables and to-left-of door. Set back to the right is a lower wing with a chamfered doorway with battlemented lintel inscribed: '1686 FIC'. The door is studded and has strap hinges. A rear wing has flat-faced mullioned windows of C18th type and rebated and chamfered windows of Cl7th type, probably re-used. Inside, the left-hand room has raised and fielded panelling. The wide dog-leg stair has a closed string, moulded handrail, and turned balusters. The left-hand 1st floor room is lined with raised and fieldedoak panelling and has a dentilled cornice.

Listing NGR: SD6198472885

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182361
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].