FORMER STABLE BLOCK WEST OF ASHTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1071715
Date first listed:
01-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
FORMER STABLE BLOCK WEST OF ASHTON HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER STABLE BLOCK WEST OF ASHTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071715 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 23:33:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER STABLE BLOCK WEST OF ASHTON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Thurnham
National Grid Reference:
SD 46107 57314

Details

SD 45 NE THURNHAM 8/197 Former stable block west of 1-8-1952 Ashton Hall (Formerly listed under ASHTON with STODDAY) GV II* Former stables,C17 , now converted into a house, with some restoration and alterations in keeping. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. Continuous plinth. 2 storeys, 5 bays. Windows mullioned with double chamfers. All are of 4 lights except for the ground-floor one to the 1st bay and the first floor one to the 2nd bay, which are of 3 lights. The ground floor of the 2nd bay is blank. The ground-floor windows to the 1st and 5th bays have hoods. Bay 4 has a door with long-and-short jambs, plain lintel, and a hood over. Gables have copings with kneelers. The east gable has a 3-light window with hood on each floor. The openings in the rear wall include a chamfered 1st-floor doorways with Tudor-arched head, now glazed to form a window.

Listing NGR: SD4610757314

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182262
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/12870/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Ruth Povey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].