BARN NORTH OF CROOK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071719

Date first listed: 02-May-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: BARN NORTH OF CROOK FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN NORTH OF CROOK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071719 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 10:54:02.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN NORTH OF CROOK FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Thurnham

National Grid Reference: SD 43105 55096

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 45 NW THURNHAM

7/209 Barn north of Crook Farmhouse 2-5-1968 (Formerly listed as Farm buildings at Crook Farm under General)

GV II

Barn, 1676. Sandstone rubble and cobble, with some red sandstone in north wall. Slate roof. South wall, facing farmyard, has wider shippon end at right with 2 rows of ventilation slits. To its left is a wide entrance with timber lintel. Further left are 2 doors with plain reveals. Gables have copings with kneelers. The right-hand (east) gable wall has dressings re-used from Cockersand Abbey. The 2 shippon doors have hollow-chamfered surrounds with pointed heads. The central window has 2 trefoiled heads to the lights, now with the central mullion removed. The northern wall is mostly covered by later additions. At its western end is a one-light chamfered window. A wide entrance has a segmental hollow-chamfered arch. Inside are 6 trusses with tie beams, collars and raking queen struts. The tie beam to the west of the main entrance is inscribed: 'RD 1676'.

Listing NGR: SD4310555096

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182276

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing