BROWN EDGE FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071727

Date first listed: 04-Oct-1967

Statutory Address: BROWN EDGE FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROWN EDGE FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071727 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 22:27:30.

Location

Statutory Address: BROWN EDGE FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Arkholme-with-Cawood

National Grid Reference: SD 56028 73694

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ARKHOLME -WITH-CAWOOD SD 57 SE 4/2 Brown Edge Farmhouse and barn 4-10-1967 adjoining to west

II

House, 1713, altered, and barn slightly later. Slobbered rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays, with drip course. Windows have rebated and chamfered surrounds: the right-hand one on the ground floor, formerly of 4 lights, has one mullion remaining. The left-hand ground-floor window is of 3 lights and has a plain stone surround and flat-faced mullions. The door, between bays, has a surround with an ovolo moulding which continues around a battlemented lintel inscribed: 'NH 1713'. Left-hand gable chimney. The farm building adjoining to the left has a lower roof line and a front,wall which is now blank. Its rear wall has 2 doorways with chamfered surrounds, the left-hand one having a pitching hole above with plain reveals. Between the doors is a buttress.

Listing NGR: SD5602873694

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182296

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing