FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH OF NO. 20

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071741
Date first listed:
02-May-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Mar-1985
Statutory Address:
FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH OF NO. 20

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH OF NO. 20
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071741 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 22:02:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH OF NO. 20

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Overton
National Grid Reference:
SD 42620 55774

Details

SD 45 NW OVERTON SUNDERLAND POINT 7/152 Farm building adjoining to north 2.5.1968 of No. 20 (Formerly listed as Outbuildings attached to N. of No.20)

GV II

Farm building, probably partly converted from a house, 1707, altered. Slobbered cobbles with slate roof. At the left is a blocked window with rebated and chamfered surround. To its right is a blocked doorway with moulded surround and shaped lintel inscribed: 'T?A 1707'. Above are 2 blocked 2-light chamfered mullioned windows, the left-hand one with its mullion missing. Towards the centre of the facade is a wide entrance with plain reveals and concrete lintel. To its right is a window with plain reveals and brick arch and a 2-light chamfered mullioned window of C18th type. Above is a pitching hole with plain reveals. Further right is a blocked wide entrance with a brick arch and a pitching door above. At the far right is a window with brick reveals. Interior not accessible at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SD4262055774

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182217
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Sep 2006
Reference: IOE01/16111/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].