HARE APPLETREE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071745
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Statutory Address:
HARE APPLETREE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HARE APPLETREE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071745 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2019 at 06:50:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
HARE APPLETREE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Quernmore
National Grid Reference:
SD 53020 58054

Details

SD 55 NW QUERNMORE

9/166 Hare Appletree Farmhouse 4-10-1967 - II

House, 1682, altered. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. T-plan. 2 storeys. West wall has drip course interrupted by 2 chamfered stone window surrounds of C19th type. At each side is a blocked rebated and chamfered window, the right-hand one of 2 lights with mullion, the left-hand one a one-light fire window. On the 1st floor are windows of one light, 5 lights, and one formerly of 4 lights with one mullion remaining. End chimneys, and copings with kneelers. At the left is a lower addition with a slate roof. It has a flush chamfered mullioned window of C18th type on the ground floor and a window with chamfered surround above. At the rear some mullioned windows remain to the front range and to the rear wing. The present front door opens into the lower addition and is covered by a C20th stone porch. It has a moulded surround with shaped lintel inscribed: 'MC 1682 WT'. This has probably been removed from the original part of the house, which may have had an end lobby entry. Interior said to have chamfered beams, a stair with balusters remaining on an upper landing, and tie-beam trusses. Recorded by Watson, R.C. and McClintock, M.E. for future publication.

Listing NGR: SD5302058054

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182230
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08632/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Wendy Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].