THE CRAGG FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071786

Date first listed: 04-Oct-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: THE CRAGG FARMHOUSE, LITTLEDALE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CRAGG FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071786 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 15:46:26.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CRAGG FARMHOUSE, LITTLEDALE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Caton-with-Littledale

National Grid Reference: SD 54880 61776

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 56 SW CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE LITTLEDALE ROAD

5/46 The Cragg Farmhouse 4.10.1967 (Formerly listed as Cragg House)

GV II

House, 1736. Watershot sandstone with stone slate roof. 3-cell plan. 2 storeys with attic, 4 bays. Continuous string on ground floor, interrupted by doorway, with flat soffit and cyma moulding above. Windows mullioned with rebate and ovolo moulding. Those on 1st floor have straight drip moulds. All on the ground floor are of 3 lights, as is the left-hand one on the 1st floor. The rest are of 2 lights. The door, in the 2nd bay, has an architrave with pulvinated frieze and cornice. Above is an oval plaque inscribed: 'WP [William Parkinson] 1736'. Chimneys on gables and between 3rd and 4th bays. Gables have copings with kneelers. The right-hand (north-west) gable wall has a blocked 2-light attic window. Continuous outshut at rear, partly original. Inside, the right-hand room has a shouldered stone fireplace and chamfered main joists. The middle room has a similar fireplace, but moulded and with a cornice mantel. The entrance to the stair is flanked by pilasters and has a dentilled cornice. The dog-leg stair has a closed string and turned balusters, the lower ones now missing.

Listing NGR: SD5488061776

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182119

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing