SOUTH WESTERN FARM BUILDING AT DALE SIDE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071810
Date first listed:
07-Mar-1985
Statutory Address:
SOUTH WESTERN FARM BUILDING AT DALE SIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH WESTERN FARM BUILDING AT DALE SIDE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071810 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 01:14:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
SOUTH WESTERN FARM BUILDING AT DALE SIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Caton-with-Littledale
National Grid Reference:
SD 55878 61217

Details

CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE SD 56 SE

6/4 South-western farm building at - Dale Side

- II

Farm building, formerly house, 1685. Sandstone rubble with corrugated asbestos roof. 2 storeys. On north side is a projecting wing, probably containing the stair. Continuous drip course. To the left of the wing is a door with plain reveals. To the right on each floor is a rebated and chamfered window, the ground-floor one with central mullion remaining. At the far right is a door with moulded surround and embattled lintel inscribed 'RT 1685'. The gabled wing has a one-light rebated and chamfered window on the ground floor and a one-light chamfered window under the apex. The left-hand return wall has a blocked window at an intermediate level, with one transom. The rear wall is now blank, with traces of blocked openings. Interior not fully accessible at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SD5587861217

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182077
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/14195/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Thoume. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].