DEEP CLOUGH FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071811

Date first listed: 04-Oct-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: DEEP CLOUGH FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

Map

Ordnance survey map of DEEP CLOUGH FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071811 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 06:46:34.

Location

Statutory Address: DEEP CLOUGH FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO WEST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Caton-with-Littledale

National Grid Reference: SD 58152 62326

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE SD 56 SE

6/6 Deep Clough Farmhouse and barn 4.10.1967 Adjoining to west (Formerly listed as Deep Clough, and adjoining buildings.Littledale)

- II

House, 1679. Slobbered rubble with stone slate roof. 3-cell plan. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions. The left-hand bay has a window with plain reveals on the ground floor and a former 4-light window with one mullion remaining above. The 2nd bay has windows of 2 lights The 3rd bay has one formerly of 4 lights, now with one mullion missing. The right hand bay has one of 5 lights on the ground floor and one formerly of 4 lights, now with a mullion missing, above. Door at left with modern porch. Between bays 3 and 4 is a 2nd door within a gabled porch, with a moulded surround and battlemented lintel inscribed: 'TTE 1679'. At the right of the facade is a remaining section of a drip course, which returns on the east gable wall. Chimneys between bays one and two and on right-hand gable, the latter projecting with offsets. This gable wall has a blocked 2-light window on the ground floor. An outshut to part of the rear of the house has mullioned windows of 2 and 3 lights. The barn, at the left of the main facade, has a wide entrance with segmental head. To its right is a one-light chamfered window. Further right is a door with plain reveals and chamfered lintel. Inside are 2 hardwood trusses with tie beams and high light collars.

Listing NGR: SD5815262326

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182079

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing