CATON GREEN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071821

Date first listed: 04-Oct-1967

Statutory Address: CATON GREEN FARMHOUSE, CATON GREEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CATON GREEN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071821 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 17:05:51.

Location

Statutory Address: CATON GREEN FARMHOUSE, CATON GREEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Caton-with-Littledale

National Grid Reference: SD 54970 65094

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE CATON GREEN ROAD (NORTH SIDE) SD 56 NW

1/25 Brookhouse 4.10 1967 Caton Green Farmhouse

GV II

House, 1732. Slobbered sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. Double-pile plan with central entry and gable chimneys. 2 storeys with attic and cellar, 3 bays. Windows flush-chamfered with mullions, and of 3 lights except for the central bay which is of 2 lights. The left-hand bay has a 2-light cellar window. The door, in the central bay, has 9 raised panels, a cyma-moulded stone surround, and 4 external steps with nosings. Above the door is an oval plaque inscribed: '?DA 1732'. Gables have copings with kneelers. Inside, the entrance hall has one wall of raised and fielded timber panelling. The dog-leg open-string stair has a ramped handrail and turned fluted balusters. On the 1st floor landing is an archway with semi-circular head, and moulded imposts, flanked by Corinthian pilasters supporting a dentilled cornice. The southern ground-floor room has a moulded shouldered fireplace with cornice mantel.

Listing NGR: SD5497065094

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182098

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing