YEW TOPS COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071831
Date first listed:
02-May-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
YEW TOPS COTTAGE, 65 AND 67, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of YEW TOPS COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071831 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 12:55:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
YEW TOPS COTTAGE, 65 AND 67, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Warton
National Grid Reference:
SD4987072296

Details

SD 47 SE WARTON MAIN STREET (WEST SIDE)

3/249 No. 65 (Yew Tops Cottage) and 2.5.1968 No. 67 (formerly listed as No 65 and No 67 (Vicarage Cottage)) II

Houses, 1674. Pebbledashed rubble with steep slate roof. 2-unit central- entry plan with 3rd unit (No. 65) to the left. Three storeys, with attic to No. 65. All windows sashed with plain reveals. No. 67 has two on the ground floor and 3 on the 1st floor. Door has plain reveals and cyma moulded battlemented lintel 'HH RH 1674'. No. 65 has a window to the left and a door to the right in a plain stone surround, with two windows on the 1st floor. Right-hand gable of No 67 has a modern sashed window with glazing bars and plain reveals on the 1st floor, and a chimney stack with round cap projecting on stone corbels at 1st floor level. Between Nos. 65 and 67 is another round chimney cap, with a rectangular cap on the left-hand gable. Later extensions to the rear.

Listing NGR: SD4987072296

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182017
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2005
Reference: IOE01/14561/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Doug McNeill. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].