MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1071858
Date first listed:
01-Aug-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, SLYNE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071858 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 15:54:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, SLYNE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Slyne-with-Hest
National Grid Reference:
SD 47760 66005

Details

SD 46 NE SLYNE-WITH-HEST SLYNE ROAD

6/216 Manor House 1.8.1952 (formerly listed as Slyne Manor House) II*

House, 1681. Cobble with sandstone dressings and slate roof. T-plan with central entry and gable stacks. 2 1/2-storey 5-bay symmetrical composition. Rebated and chamfered cross windows with continuous drip courses on both floors, with 3 2-light rebated and chamfered mullioned attic windows. Deep moulding of door jambs continues around shaped lintel. Plaque 'CGM 1681' (Cornelius and Mary Green) set above doorway. Drip courses terminate beyond windows on return walls. On the ground floor of the south gable is a 2-light rebated and ovolo-mullioned window, with a blocked cross window on the 1st floor. Gables have copings, shaped kneelers and stacks with weather offsets and moulded copings. Rear wing has several similar windows, including one of 4 lights and one with ovolo mullions. West wall of wing has doorway with moulding which continues around shaped lintel. Chimney on front. Interior. South front room has moulded stone mantel, panelling and court cupboard 'CG 1681'). North room has raised and fielded panelling with fluted Doric pilasters to each side of fireplace and round-headed cupboard with upper doors missing. Rear wing has open well closed-string stair with square newels and turn balusters. Attic has upper crucks with carpenter's marks.

Listing NGR: SD4776066005

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
181982
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01666/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Malcolm Shaw. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].