60 AND 62, MAIN ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071942
Date first listed:
07-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
60 AND 62, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 60 AND 62, MAIN ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071942 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 19:28:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
60 AND 62, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Bolton-le-Sands
National Grid Reference:
SD 48374 67762

Details

SD 48 67 BOLTON-LE-SANDS MAIN ROAD (WEST SIDE)

13/11 Nos. 60 and 62

GV II

House (No. 62), now a shop, with cottage (No. 60) adjoining to the right of the same build. 1745. Pebbledashed rubble with sandstone dressings and slate roof. 2 storeys. House 3 bays, cottage 2 bays. House has modern shop front. Cottage has modern bow window with door to right having plain ashlar surround and 'James Bibby built these houses in 1745' inscribed on lintel. On the 1st floor No. 62 has 3 sashed windows with glazing bars. No. 60 has 2 plain stone window surrounds. Projecting stone gutter brackets and gable copings. Chimney on left-hand gable and between house and cottage. Later wings to rear. In the rear wall of the house is a stone lintel over a blocked doorway now a window, inscribed: 'Bibby James and Catharine 1745'.

Listing NGR: SD4837467762

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
181775
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/05296/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Charles Satterly. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].