BOLTON LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071947
Date first listed:
07-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
BOLTON LODGE, 107, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOLTON LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071947 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 01:49:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOLTON LODGE, 107, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Bolton-le-Sands
National Grid Reference:
SD 48424 67826

Details

SD 48 67 BOLTON-LE-SANDS MAIN ROAD (EAST SIDE)

13/18 No. 1O7 (Bolton Lodge)

II

House, c.1835 with C17th and C18th remains. Roughcast, with sandstone dressings. Left-hand extension of punched ashlar, Slate roof. 2 storeys with attic. Earlier portion of 3 bays with ashlar plinth and moulded sandstone cornice. Windows all double sashes with glazing bars, separated by a square mullion and within a plain stone surround, except for the window over the porch which is a single sash with glazing bars and plain stone surround. The porch has corner pilasters with sunken panels, a fillet with continuous guttae and a cornice. Inner glazed door of mahogany with decorative glazing bars said to be stamped 'Gillow'. The left-hand extension is taller, of 1 bay with cornice and large sashed windows with glazing bars within plain ashlar surrounds. Panel with '1659' in raised numbers exposed on the 1st floor of the right-hand return wall.

Listing NGR: SD4842467826

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
181782
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/05296/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Charles Satterly. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].