CORAL BINGO AND SOCIAL CLUB (KING EDWARD)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072006
Date first listed:
20-Oct-1983
Statutory Address:
CORAL BINGO AND SOCIAL CLUB (KING EDWARD), CENTRAL DRIVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CORAL BINGO AND SOCIAL CLUB (KING EDWARD)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072006 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 03:34:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
CORAL BINGO AND SOCIAL CLUB (KING EDWARD), CENTRAL DRIVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Blackpool (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 30912 35640

Details

SD 33 NW BLACKPOOL CENTRAL DRIVE

2/3 Coral Bingo and Social Club (King Edward) II

Picture Theatre, dated 1913, now a bingo hall. Accrington brick with stone-coloured dressings. Rectangular plan. A single-storey building with barrel-vaulted roof giving a basically semicircular section to a facade of 2 storeys. Ground floor level has been altered or concealed. Above ground floor, symmetrical facade with central pedimented gable of crude form, flanked by 3-sided banded pilasters, and between them a Venetian window (now blocked), the panel above it filled with lettering "CENTRAL PICTURE THEATRE" and foliated patterns in moulded terracotta; gable boldly chequered in red and white, with date "1913" at apex. Large bullseye window with archivolt each side of central bay, and banded pilaster surmounted by octagonal drum and ball finial at each corner. Interior: small foyer with decorated cornice (swags, etc.); auditorium with balcony; moulded cornice with egg-and-dart decoration; ceiling braces have moulding of crossed straps and interposed leaves and flowers; seating banks have end-panels with moulded garlands. Projection room probably original, paybox altered.

Listing NGR: SD3091235640

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183659
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01652/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr G M Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].