IMPERIAL HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072011

Date first listed: 20-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: IMPERIAL HOTEL, PROMENADE

Map

Ordnance survey map of IMPERIAL HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072011 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 00:22:38.

Location

Statutory Address: IMPERIAL HOTEL, PROMENADE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Blackpool (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 30684 37296

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 33 NW BLACKPOOL PROMENADE

2/11 Imperial Hotel II

Hotel, 1866-7, by Clegg and Knowles of Manchester, wing added 1875 by Mangnall and Littlewood; 1904 extension on north side by J D Broadbent. Red brick with stone dressings and hipped slate roofs. U-shaped plan, with wings receding. Front block and south wing in restrained French Renaissance style, 1904 extension free Baroque. Four storeys and attic, originally symmetrical, with centre rising to square tower at attic level; centre bay and wings slightly stepped forward, canted 4-storey bays in wings. Eaves cornice with brackets. Entrance porch (probably 1904) with Corinthian order; 3 windows to each floor above, vertically integrated in continuous stone architrave broken by eaves cornice, window heads slightly arched on 1st and 2nd floors, round-headed on 3rd and attic floors. Other windows have stone archivolts and keystones; those of ground and 2nd floors are round-headed, the remainder segmental stilted, but with slightly differing treatment to canted bays, Some sashes. North extension (1904) with stone-coloured terracotta dressings; 3 storeys, attic in mansard roof, and large single-storey pavilion projecting forwards. Features of this wing include a porch with two orders, and a turret entirely clad in terracotta which terminates in a small lead dome. Interior has entrance hall (altered) with Corinthian pilasters and columns; saloon decorated in Louis XV style; and large dining room with colonnades and coved ceiling.

Listing NGR: SD3068437296

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183670

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing