This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST ANNE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST ANNE

List entry Number: 1072038

Location

CHURCH OF ST ANNE, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Fylde

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Singleton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 183633

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SINGLETON CHURCH ROAD SD 33 NE 4/63 Church of St. Anne - GV II

Church, 1861 by E.G. Paley for Thomas Miller of Singleton Lodge. Sandstone rubble, slate roof. Nave with north-east steeple, south transept, chancel; in Early English style. Three-stage tower has angle buttresses to the lower stages, set-back 3rd stage with 2-light belfry louvres, broach spire with small 2-light lucarnes. Nave and chancel have mostly plate-traceried 2-light windows, nave has tripartite west window with 2-light traceried centre, chancel has 3-light traceried east window with wheel tracery in the head. Interior: scissor-braced common rafter roof with collar purlin, and painted wagon roof to chancel; depressed 2-centred transept arches, moulded chancel arch with shafts; various memorials to members of the Miller family, notably a decorated engraved brass plaque to Thomas Miller (d.1865) with portrait in a roundel above a classical arch panel. (Thomas Miller was principal proprietor of Preston cotton firm Horrocks, Miller and Company).

Listing NGR: SD3850438372

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 38504 38372

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072038 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-May-2018 at 02:07:48.

End of official listing