MORETON LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072041

Date first listed: 13-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: MORETON LODGE, ACCRINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MORETON LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072041 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 14:25:37.

Location

Statutory Address: MORETON LODGE, ACCRINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Whalley

National Grid Reference: SD 74557 34729

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WHALLEY ACCRINGTON ROAD SD 73 SW 6/53 Moreton Lodge - - II

Lodge to Moreton Hall, 1833, by George Webster of Kendal. Sandstone ashlar with slate roof. Single storey. North facade, facing drive, a symmetrical composition with central steeply-gabled porch. To each side is a single double-chamfered window with one transom. The door has a moulded round arch with moulded imposts and fluted keystone. Under the gable is a plaque inscribed: 'IT [John Taylor] 1833'. Gables coped with kneelers and finials. Chimneys behind ridge to right of porch. Left-hand gable wall, facing road, has 6-light mullioned and transomed window. Moreton Hall, a mansion in a Jacobethan style by Webster, was demolished in 1955.

Listing NGR: SD7455734729

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183539

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing