SUNDIAL EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072042

Date first listed: 13-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: SUNDIAL EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUNDIAL EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072042 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 22:28:01.

Location

Statutory Address: SUNDIAL EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Whalley

National Grid Reference: SD 73289 36172

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WHALLEY CHURCH LANE SD 73 NW 2/57 Sundial east of Church of St.Mary - and All Saints GV II Sundial and base, 1757. Sandstone with brass plate and gnomon. Comprises a Tuscan column on a base of 3 steps of square plan. Inscription on plate illegible, but said to be dated 1757 (VCH).

Listing NGR: SD7328936172

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183543

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Farrer, W, Brownbill, J, The Victoria History of the County of Lancaster, (1906)

End of official listing