LOWER WOODCOCK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072068

Date first listed: 24-May-1983

Statutory Address: LOWER WOODCOCK FARMHOUSE, YORK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER WOODCOCK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072068 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 02:05:07.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER WOODCOCK FARMHOUSE, YORK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Billington and Langho

National Grid Reference: SD 70437 33975

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BILLINGTON YORK LANE SD 73 SW Langho 6/15 Lower Woodcock Farmhouse 24-5-1983 - II House, 1671, extended 1764. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys. Original section to west has a double-chamfered 3-light mullioned window surviving in the north and south walls. The east section is dated by a plaque '1764' on its gable wall, now within the adjacent barn. It has watershot stonework and flat-faced mullioned windows. Inside, the original section has encased beams and a wattle and daub dividing wall. In its east wall it has an elaborately-carved spice cupboard with initials and date '1671'. The position of the original doorway is not clear, but was possibly through an earlier part of the building on the site of the 1764 extension. The 1764 section has axial beams.

Listing NGR: SD7043733975

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183500

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing