DINCKLEY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1072070
Date first listed:
24-Nov-1966
Statutory Address:
DINCKLEY HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of DINCKLEY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072070 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 05:50:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
DINCKLEY HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Dinckley
National Grid Reference:
SD 68876 36635

Details

DINCKLEY SD 63 NE 1/21 Dinckley Hall 24-11-1966 - II* House, c.1600 and later with medieval cruck frame. Painted sandstone rubble and brick replacing timber framing, with slate roof. 2 storeys. South-east front has main range of 2 bays with C19 windows which have plain reveals and timber mullions, of 2 lights at the left and 3 at the right. At the left is a cross-wing of one bay with an exposed cruck truss. On the ground floor is a window with plain reveals and central timber mullion. On the 1st floor is a sashed window with glazing bars. The cruck truss has outriders, a king post rising from a collar, a tie beam, and herringbone studwork infill, some of which appears to be be false. Spurs run from the truss to wall posts, which suggests that the walls were originally of timber framing. Chimney on right-hand gable of main range. 2 further chimneys on left-hand wall of cross-wing. The right-hand one has a projecting stack. The left-hand one is carried on stone corbels and serves a 1st floor fireplace. The windows of this wall are ovolo moulded with outer chamfer. At the left is a cross window on the ground floor, with a similar window at the right. Between the chimneys are mullioned and transomed windows, of 8 lights on the ground floor and 6 above. Inside there are 2 cruck trusses visible in the main range, one adjoining the cross-wing. On the 1st floor part of a wallplate is visible with peg holes for studs. In the hall there is a fireplace with chamfered segmental arch. In the cross-wing one internal cruck truss is visible and there is panelling of c.1600.

Listing NGR: SD6887636635

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183506
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].