STANDEN HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1072085

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1952

Statutory Address: STANDEN HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STANDEN HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072085 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 12:09:43.

Location

Statutory Address: STANDEN HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Pendleton

National Grid Reference: SD 74736 40275

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 74 SW PENDLETON

SD 747 402

6/116 Standen Hall 29.12.1952 GV II*

Country house, rebuilt 1757 (VCH) with west wing rebuilt c.1858. Squared sandstone with slate roofs. East front a symmetrical composition of 3 storeys and 7 bays, with projecting quoins, a string course above the 1st floor and a cornice. The central 3 bays on the ground floor project to carry an attached giant order of Doric columns supporting an entablature with triglyph frieze and a dentilled moulded pediment. Windows sashed, with glazing bars on the 1st floor and to the 3 right-hand bays of the 2nd floor, the remainder sashed with no glazing bars. All have architraves, the 3 central 1st floor ones with pulvinated friezes and pediments, the central one segmental. The central doorway has Tuscan pilasters, a semi- circular head, and a pediment on console brackets. 2 chimneys on ridge. Adjoining to the right is a 2-storey 3-bay wing in a similar style. Adjoining its front wall at right angles is the single-storey billiard room of 1876. The south front has, at its right-hand side, 2 bays of the 3- storey east block, the 2nd floor above a cornice. Towards the centre of the facade is a recessed 2-storey section of 3 bays in a similar style, with a central doorway with architrave, and pediment on console brackets. The doorway is within an open Adamesque porch with corner urns. To the left are 3 bays of the taller 2-storey 1858 wing, whose details are more Italianate on the west side. Interior appears to have been re-modelled in C19th. North room at front of east block has pedimented oak doorcases. Door in east front now enters under a stair with stick balusters and ramped handrail. 1st floor rooms not accessible at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SD7473640275

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183435

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing