BANK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072147

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1954

Statutory Address: BANK HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072147 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 04:11:18.

Location

Statutory Address: BANK HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Grindleton

National Grid Reference: SD7716546314

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 771 463 GRINDLETON

SD 74 NE

7/103 16.11.1954

Bank House

II

House, probably late C19th with C17th and C18th remains. Pebble-dashed rubble with stone slate roof. 2 storeys. East facade, of 3 bays, has windows of late C19th type. To the right of the door is a 2-storey stone bay window. To the left is a double sashed window with no glazing bars in a plain stone surround, separated by a square mullion. The 2 other 1st floor windows are sashed with plain stone surrounds. The door, with plain stone surround, has a timber porch. At the far left is a blocked doorway with shaped lintel of C17th type. End stacks. The rear wall has a double-chamfered mullioned window of C17th type on each side of the door: 3 lights to the left and 2 to the right. Above the door, which has a chamfered stone surround and hood of late C19th type, is a sashed window with architrave. The left-hand half of the rear facade has a window with architrave on each floor at the left. To the right is a stair window with architrave and square mullion, with an oculus above with plain stone surround. Interior not accessible at time of survey but said to contain no features of significance.

Listing NGR: SD7716546314

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183275

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing