THE THREE MILLSTONES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072161
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
20-Feb-1984
Statutory Address:
THE THREE MILLSTONES, WADDINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE THREE MILLSTONES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072161 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 21:52:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE THREE MILLSTONES, WADDINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
West Bradford
National Grid Reference:
SD 74149 44415

Details

WEST BRADFORD WADDINGTON ROAD

SD 74 SW

10/138 The Three Millstones (formerly listed as Millstone Inn) 16.11.1954 - II

Public house, late C18th. Slobbered rubble with stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Main part of facade of 2 bays with end stacks and central door. Windows tripartite with plain stone surrounds and square mullions, the central lights being sashed with glazing bars. The door has a plain stone surround. To the left is a later bay having sashed windows with glazing bars and plain stone surrounds. To the right is a further part of the building having a tripartite window on the ground floor similar to the others, and at the far right a wide entrance with plain reveals. Interior. The room to the left of the door has a moulded shouldered fireplace with moulded cornice mantel.

Listing NGR: SD7414944415

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183310
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Oct 2004
Reference: IOE01/11217/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Geoffrey Court. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].