BANK HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072189
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1954
Statutory Address:
BANK HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072189 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 10:23:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
BANK HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Grindleton
National Grid Reference:
SD7721146353

Details

SD 772 463 SD 74 NE 7/101

GRINDLETON, BANK HALL

16.11.1954

GV II

House, said to be 1780 (deeds). Pebbledashed rubble with sandstone dressings and slate roof. 3 storeys, 3 bays, with chamfered quoins. Double-depth plan with central hall and stair to rear. Windows sashed with glazing bars, the outer bays having tripartite windows with plain stone surrounds and square mullions, except for a canted bay window at the right on the ground floor. The central bay has windows with plain stone surrounds. The door, in the central bay, has a stone surround with semicircular head with fanlight within an open pediment with attached Tuscan columns and broken fluted entablature. End stacks and moulded gutter cornice. The rear wall has sashed windows with glazing bars, with plain stone surrounds to the right-hand bay and tripartite surrounds to the left. In the centre is a wide stair window rising through the 1st and 2nd floors. Interior: panelled shutters and panelled doors in deep reveals with moulded surrounds throughout. Moulded cornices and marble fire-surrounds to ground and 1st floors. Open-well staircase with slender turned balusters and ramped rail. Rank of panelled scullery cupboards with pilasters. The house was associated with the family of Sir Robert Peel.



Listing NGR: SD7721146353

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183273
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/12970/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Lomas. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].