MOSS BARN FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH EAST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072198
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1954
Statutory Address:
MOSS BARN FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of MOSS BARN FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072198 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 15:11:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
MOSS BARN FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Bashall Eaves
National Grid Reference:
SD 69883 42446

Details

SD 698 424 BASHALL EAVES

SD 64 SE

9/17 Moss Barn Farmhouse and barn adjoining to the south-east 16.11.1954 II

House, probably late C17th. Pebble dashed rubble with modern tile roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays. The windows have an outer chamfer and inner hollow chamfer, and hoods. To the left of the door is one of one light with a truncated hood. To the right is one of 4 lights. On the 1st floor are 2 3-light windows. The door has a stone surround with a shallow roll moulding. The right-hand gable has a chimney cap with coping and weathered offset. The barn has a wide entrance with plain reveals and a timber lintel, flanked by projecting outshuts, the continuous roof forming a porch. The left-hand outshut has a door and a window with plain reveals, the right-hand one a window with plain stone surround Inside are king-post trusses.

Listing NGR: SD6988342446

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183189
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/03580/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mungo Gilchrist. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].