1, TOWN END

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072227
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
1, TOWN END

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1, TOWN END
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072227 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 13:15:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
1, TOWN END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Slaidburn
National Grid Reference:
SD7112152387

Details

SD7052-7152 SLAIDBURN TOWN END (SOUTH SIDE)

17/106 No. 1 - GV II

House, 1843. Rubble with sandstone dressings and slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays, the central narrow bay projecting with a steep gable with wooden finial. The windows have chamfered stone surrounds with hoods, glazing bars, and wooden mullions and transoms: the ground-floor windows being of 6 lights, the 1st floor having cross windows to the 2 outer bays. The central window on the 1st floor is of one light, with segmental head, no hood, and glazing bars. Above it is a carved stone coat of arms with motto 'NE QUID NIMIS'. The door, in the central bay, has a chamfered stone surround with triangular head and hood. The house appears to be of the same build as No. 2 Church Street and Central Stores, dated 1843, which it adjoins (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SD7112152387

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183157
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/08719/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].