LEES HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072241
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
16-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
LEES HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEES HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072241 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 10:14:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
LEES HOUSE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Bowland Forest Low
National Grid Reference:
SD 66746 43851

Details

SD 64 SE BOWLAND FOREST LOW

16/31 Lees House Farmhouse 16.11.1954 (Formerly listed as Lees House) - II

House, 1678, altered. Sandstone rubble, the left-hand half of the facade rebuilt with squared stone, with slate roof. End-entry plan, 2 units. 2 storeys, 3 bays. The left-hand bay has late C19th windows, slightly chamfered with mullions and with sashed windows with glazing bars: 3 lights with hood on the ground floor and 2 lights on the 1st floor. The central bay has a 4-light mullioned window on each floor, with outer chamfer, inner hollow chamfer, and hood. To the right on the 1st floor, above the door, is a 2-light hollow-chamfered mullioned window with hood. The moulding of the door jambs is continued on the face of the lintel in 3 semi-circular arches. Above is a plaque 'RRB 1678'. There are chimneys on the left-hand gable and between the 2 units. The left-hand gable has a coping and is pebbledashed with rock- faced quoins. At the rear are later outshuts. Inside there are moulded main ceiling beams, and a late stair inside the front door, any evidence for a C17th hearth in this position having gone. The left-hand room has a moulded sandstone parlour fireplace with decorated lintel inscribed '17 RB 18'.

Listing NGR: SD6674643851

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183082
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].