HIGHER STONY BANK FARMHOUSE AND FORMER GRANARY ADJOINING TO THE WEST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072244

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: HIGHER STONY BANK FARMHOUSE AND FORMER GRANARY ADJOINING TO THE WEST

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGHER STONY BANK FARMHOUSE AND FORMER GRANARY ADJOINING TO THE WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 16:28:01.

Location

Statutory Address: HIGHER STONY BANK FARMHOUSE AND FORMER GRANARY ADJOINING TO THE WEST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Easington

National Grid Reference: SD 74482 53829

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 75 SW EASINGTON

10/40 Higher Stony Bank Farmhouse and 16.11.1954 former granary adjoining to the west (Formerly listed as Higher Stoney - II Bank)

House, late C17th. Rendered rubble with sandstone dressings and stone slate roof. 2 storeys with a central porch having a roof sloping down to 1½ storeys at the front. The windows have an outer chamfer and an inner cyma moulding. On each side of the porch is one of 6 lights with mullion and transom and hood with decorative stops. On the 1st floor there is a 2-light mullioned window on each side, with a circular window with chamfered surround at the far left. The 1st floor of the porch oversails on a cyma-moulded string course and has a one- light window with ovolo-moulded surround and ogee head. The door has a cyma- moulded surround with shaped head and hood. At the left is an agricultural building, the 1st floor said to be a granary. It has a door with plain reveals on each floor, the ground-floor door being under the upper platform of the external stone steps. The right-hand gable of the house has a one-light window with cyma-moulded surround, with a 4-light rebated and chamfered mullioned window on the 1st floor. There is an outshut to part of the rear, containing the stair. Inside, the left-hand room has a wide fireplace, now filled in, with a chamfered surround and segmental head with an outer chamfer around the voussoirs. Inside the granary the left-hand house wall has, on the 1st floor, a blocked one-light ovolo-moulded window surround, suggesting that the granary may be a later addition.

Listing NGR: SD7448253829

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183091

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing