LOWLANDS FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ADJOINING TO NORTH AND SOUTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072252

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: LOWLANDS FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ADJOINING TO NORTH AND SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWLANDS FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ADJOINING TO NORTH AND SOUTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072252 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 19:59:33.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWLANDS FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ADJOINING TO NORTH AND SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Newton

National Grid Reference: SD 69775 50479

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 695O NEWTON NEWTON VILLAGE

Lowlands Farmhouse and barns adjoining 18/60 to north and south - GV II

House, probably early C19th with C17th remains. Slobbered limestone rubble with sandstone dressings and slate roof. 2 storeys. House of 2 bays with central entry and end stacks. The windows have plain stone surrounds and 6-pane sashes. The moulding of the door jambs continues upwards to make a shape on the face of the lintel, which has 'W I S 1678' inscribed on the face, together with a decorative motif, and 'R' and 'S' inscribed at the sides. To the left is an agricultural building, of the same build and under a continuous roof. The front wall is blank on the ground floor and has a 1st floor pitching hole with plain stone surround and segmental soffit to the lintel. The left-hand gable has a blocked doorway with long-and-short jambs, now blocked to form a window. To the right of the house is a barn, also under a continuous roof. It has a wide opening with segmental arch of punched voussoirs. To its right is a blocked door with plain stone surround, now a window. The right-hand gable wall has 2 outer shippon doors with plain stone surrounds, now blocked to form windows. A central door has long and short jambs and a lintel with debased 4-centred arch inscribed 'EWS 1671 RS'.

Listing NGR: SD6977550479

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183111

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing