8-15, CHURCH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072258
Date first listed:
22-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
8-15, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 8-15, CHURCH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072258 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2019 at 02:28:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
8-15, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Ribchester
National Grid Reference:
SD 65035 35151

Details

SD 63 NE RIBCHESTER CHURCH STREET

8/136 Nos. 8 to 15 (consec)

GV II

Part of a row of weavers' houses, late C18th. Squared sandstone with brick stacks and slate roof. 2 storeys with continuous plain frieze and stone gutter brackets. Windows have plain reveals and projecting sills, the doors, to the right, having plain stone surrounds. No. 8, of one bay, has sashed windows and a triangular moulded stone door hood on stone brackets, with a stone plaque over inscribed 'BPB 1795'. No. 9 has a similar door hood, modern windows, and a 2nd 1st floor window over the door. To the right is a tunnel entrance with plain stone surround and semi- circular head with projecting key and imposts. No. 12 has a 2nd, modern, 1st floor window, as does No. 13, which has cement reveals to the ground floor door and window and a tunnel entrance to the right with plain stone surround. No. 14 has cement dressings. No. 15 has plain stone surrounds, possibly of c.1900, with a tunnel entrance to the right with plain stone surround. Nos. 14 and 15, although altered, continue the facade of the row and are listed for group value.



Listing NGR: SD6503535151

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183022
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].