WOODGATES FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH-WEST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072319
Date first listed:
22-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
WOODGATES FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH-WEST, STARTIFANTS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOODGATES FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH-WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072319 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 22:51:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
WOODGATES FARMHOUSE AND FARM BUILDING ADJOINING TO SOUTH-WEST, STARTIFANTS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Chipping
National Grid Reference:
SD 59617 43892

Details

SD 54 SE CHIPPING STARTIFANTS LANE

3/73 Woodgates Farmhouse and farm building adjoining to south-west

II

House, 1768. Watershot sandstone with slate roof. Double-pile plan. 2 storeys. The 2 right-hand bays are symmetrical with end stacks, having plain stone surrounds to Venetian windows on the ground floor, with fluted keystones and small panes to the outer lights. The 1st floor windows are of 2 lights with square mullions. the door has a plain stone surround with fluted keystone. Above is a stone tablet: 'Ricd & Cathae Parkinson 1768 Jubeo profanos hinc Abesse'. To the left is a 3rd bay with similar window details in a stone of a slightly different colour. Further left is a door with plain stone reveals, with a wide cart entrance with triangular head, to an agricultural unit adjoining and probably of the same build.



Listing NGR: SD5961743892

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182960
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/02858/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].