This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR HOUSE FARM COTTAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR HOUSE FARM COTTAGE

List entry Number: 1072413

Location

MANOR HOUSE FARM COTTAGE, ROMAN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Blackburn with Darwen

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Eccleshill

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Sep-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 184706

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 62 SE/ ECCLESHILL ROMAN ROAD SD 72 SW

4/33 Manor House Farm Cottage (formerly listed as Manor house Farmhouse) 27-8-1952 - II

Farmhouse, C17, with later additions, now house. Rendered and painted stone, intersecting slate roofs of slate with stone copings and kneelers, one chimney on the ridge at the junction of the 2nd and 3rd bays, and 2 other chimneys. Approximately cruciform plan: 3-bay range facing south with short front projection carried through to later rear extension, rear outshut to 1st bay and addition in north-east angle. Two storeys. All front windows are recessed with hollow-chamfered mullions and hoodmoulds. Left of centre a broad 2-storey gabled projection with battered walls, has a doorway to the left dated 1697 (covered by modern glazed porch), ground floor windows of 4 and 2 lights and a 1st floor window of 4-lights left and right of this are 5-light windows on each floor, that at ground floor right lengthened downwards. Left return wall has single-storey extension and altered windows; right return wall of 2 gables has an altered ground floor window and a 4-light 1st floor window, both with hoodmoulds, and in the added portion a doorway, and on each floor a 6-paned sash window. There are 3 tie-plates at 1st floor of front and rear walls, Interior (not inspected) said to have contained old doorway with lintel lettered "TEF 1641" (- Thomas and Elizabeth Fish). (Reference: Abram Blackburn p.598).

Listing NGR: SD6999023615

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Abram, W A, History of Blackburn, (1877), 598

National Grid Reference: SD 69990 23615

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072413 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Feb-2018 at 10:27:42.

End of official listing