BARN CIRCA 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EUXTON HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072457

Date first listed: 19-Jul-1983

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Feb-1984

Statutory Address: BARN CIRCA 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EUXTON HOUSE FARMHOUSE, BALSHAW LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN CIRCA 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EUXTON HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072457 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 13:50:15.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN CIRCA 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EUXTON HOUSE FARMHOUSE, BALSHAW LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley (District Authority)

Parish: Euxton

National Grid Reference: SD 56253 18120

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 51 NE EUXTON off BALSHAW LANE

Barn c. 50 metres north east of 5/104 Euxton House Farmhouse 19.7.1983 (Formerly listed as Cruck Barn at - II Euxton House Farm)

Barn, probably first half C16 with C18 extension to south. Cruck framed with cladding of hand made brick, roof of corrugated sheet; the extension is of brick with stone dressings, and has a slate roof. 5 bays separated by 3 full cruck trusses, each with cambered tie beam, collar, and collar-yoke. Tie beam extends to outer wall, but spurs above and parallel to them carry the principal rafters to the apex. Although the cruck blades appear to have been trenched, the rafters now carry the trenched, overlapping single purlins, wind-braced. Sawn-off tops of wall posts and numerous mortices in blades and wall plates indicate the former framing of the walls. The extension has stone quoins and doorways and two round pitch-holes similarly dressed. (Dendochronologically dated 1515-1530).

Listing NGR: SD5625318120

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 357621

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing