Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072508

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1967



Ordnance survey map of FISHER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072508 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 04:02:20.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley (District Authority)

Parish: Rivington

National Grid Reference: SD 62736 14459


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


RIVINGTON RIVINGTON LANE SD 61 SW 14/181 Fisher House 17.4.67 - II

House. Late C18, altered. Stored stucco on brick, with stone plinth and dressings, roof of stone slate (front) and slate (rear). Double depth plan of 3 bays and 3 storeys, symmetrical, with gable chimneys and flanking 2 storey service wings (that on right mostly demolished); central round-headed doorway in moulded surround with imposts, door of 6 hexagonal panels, fanlight with radiating glazing bars; two 12-pane sashes at ground floor (that on the left larger in both dimensions and breaking the plinth) and 3 at 1st floor all with splayed stone heads, three 6-pane sashes at 2nd floor; wooden eaves gutter supported on brackets and lined with lead. Set back at each end a brick service wing, that on the left with one 12-pane sashed window (altered as garage), that on the right reduced to a screen wall with blocked window. Interior: kitchen has back door of double-layered horizontal and vertical planks; staircase: doglegged, with open string, stick balusters, ramped handrail. History: said to have been built by Rev John Fisher, incumbent of Church of Holy Trinity 1763-1813.

Listing NGR: SD6273614459


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 184434

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing