PARR HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072516

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: PARR HALL, PARR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARR HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072516 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 12:00:41.

Location

Statutory Address: PARR HALL, PARR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley (District Authority)

Parish: Eccleston

National Grid Reference: SD 51915 17334

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ECCLESTON PARR LANE SD 51 NW 9/97 Parr Hall - GV II

Farmhouse, now 2 dwellings. Dated 1721 at 1st floor, remodelled 1934. Handmade brick, slate roof with chimney at right gable. Double-depth 2-bay plan, with added rear wing. Formerly 3 storeys, reduced to two storeys and attic; almost symmetrical; chamfered stone plinth, dressed sandstone bands at 1st floor and eaves (formerly 2nd floor) level, small raised quoins; offset left of centre, door with shouldered panels and semi-circular canopy on carved wooden consoles (both these copying originals); at 1st floor above the door a datestone in moulded surround lettered in relief P all surrounded E I TP 1721 by slender foliated patterns; to left, each floor has one large transomed 3-light window with gauged segmental brick head and altered glazing, to right, 2 vertical rectangular windows on each floor with similar heads, the 1st at ground floor altered as a door and the others with altered glazing. Left gable has modern windows on each floor and attic; rear has large 2½-storey wing added in C19 to service horse-drawn buses, a modern flight of stone steps up the side of this to a 1st floor entrance. Interior: tongue-stopped chamfered beams; 3-storey dog-legged staircase with closed modelled string, shouldered-panel rectangular newels, turned balusters, and broad moulded handrail.

Listing NGR: SD5191517334

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 184349

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing