FARMHOUSE CIRCA 20 METRES EAST OF WATSON COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072568
Date first listed:
30-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
FARMHOUSE CIRCA 20 METRES EAST OF WATSON COTTAGE, NORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMHOUSE CIRCA 20 METRES EAST OF WATSON COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072568.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2019 at 03:20:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARMHOUSE CIRCA 20 METRES EAST OF WATSON COTTAGE, NORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Chorley (District Authority)
Parish:
Bretherton
National Grid Reference:
SD 47241 20886

Details

BRETHERTON NORTH ROAD SD 42 SE 3/22 Farmhouse c.20m east of Watson - Cottage - II

Farmhouse, dated 1702 on porch. Handmade brick, corrugated iron roof, eaves raised by 6 courses. Three-bay baffle entry plan with projecting porch. Two storeys; 2-course band; 2-storey gabled porch in line with ridge chimney at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays has segmental-headed outer doorway, above the band a worn datestone incribed B , a blocked 1st floor window, in the right H M 1702 side an enlarged window, and some stone quoins at ground floor level; two 3-light casements on each floor to the left (all apparently altered) and between these at mid-level a small 2-light window with chamfered brick mullion, now blocked (perhaps a stairlight); one altered window on each floor to the right. Left gable wall has two 2-light sliding sash windows; rear has inter alia a 2-light firewindow, a 2-light window at ground floor of 3rd bay and a 3-light window above, all these blocked but with remains of mullions, and those at ground floor with brick labels. Chimneys on ridge and at left gable. Interior not inspected, but 1/4-round moulded beams visible.

Listing NGR: SD4724120886

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
184273
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].