TURNHAM HALL AND ATTACHED SERVICE WING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072603
Date first listed:
09-Sep-1997
Statutory Address:
TURNHAM HALL AND ATTACHED SERVICE WING, FIELD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TURNHAM HALL AND ATTACHED SERVICE WING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072603 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 03:48:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
TURNHAM HALL AND ATTACHED SERVICE WING, FIELD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Selby (District Authority)
Parish:
Cliffe
National Grid Reference:
SE6454331404

Details

SE 63 SW 1604/8/10004

CLIFFE FIELD LANE (North West side) Turnham Hall and attached service wing

GV II

Farmhouse and attached service wing. Late C18 and c1820 with minor C20 additions. Brick, partly rendered with brick dressings, hipped slate and pantile roofs. Brick stacks. 2 storey. Main early C 19 house has shallow hipped slate roof and wooden cornice with paired eaves brackets. North-east front has 3 windows. Central doorway has C20 glazed door and fanlight in moulded wooden pilaster surround with brackets supporting flat hood. Above doorway a re-used ashlar datestone inscribed, 1680. Either side single tall wooden canted bay windows with lead hipped roofs and large glazing bar sashes. Above three 12-pane glazing bar sashes. To right lower, late C18, 2 storey wing with pantile roof and ridge stack. This wing has 12-pane sashes to ground floor and smaller 6-pane sashes above. South-east front has four 12-pane glazing bar sashes to both floors. South-west front rendered with 2 tripartite 20-pane glazing bar sashes to both floors. INTERIOR: not inspected.

Listing NGR: SE6454331404

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
468836
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14267/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Robson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].