ELMFIELD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072726

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1984

Statutory Address: ELMFIELD HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ELMFIELD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072726 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 20:01:07.

Location

Statutory Address: ELMFIELD HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Hyndburn (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 74995 29019

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH GATTY PARK SD 72 NW 4/49 Elmfield Hall - G.V. II

Large house, 1850's, for F.A. Gatty, now Old Peoples Social Centre. Ashlar, hipped slate roof with 2 ridge chimneys. Double pile 5-bay symmetrical front block, of 2 storeys in classical style; rusticated quoins, channelled rustication to ground floor, dentilled eaves cornice. Tetrastyle Corinthian porch with cornice and balustraded parapet, covering double doors with round-headed architrave; above, a triple window with open segmental pediment and cornice on consoles; otherwise, 4 windows each floor, at ground floor with splayed voussoirs and at 1st floor with decorative iron balconies. Large service range to rear used as hostel. History: F.A. Gatty and Co., were chemical manufacturers at Hagg Works, 1836-96; family gave house and grounds to Church township.

Listing NGR: SD7499529019

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183852

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing