Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of BILSBOROUGH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072910 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 18:05:39.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Wyre (District Authority)
Myerscough and Bilsborrow
National Grid Reference:
SD 52339 40107


BILSBORROW SD 54 SW 8/25 Bilsborough Hall 26-11-1975 - II

Large house, c.1912, extended 1924. Snecked sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. C17 vernacular style, with rebated and chamfered mullioned windows. At the right of the facade-is a symmetrical 3-bay block with 3 gables. On the ground floor the outer bays have single-storey bay windows with 4 lights at the front and one light to each of their return walls. The middle bay has 2 one-light windows. The 1st floor windows are of 3 lights. Set back at the left is a lower range which has a one-bay cross-wing projecting slightly at its left. This has a window of 4 lights on the ground floor and of 3 above. To the right the ground floor is covered by a lean-to porch roof which extends as a canopy over a 3-light window to the right of the door.Above it is a 2-light window under a small gable. At the left of the facade is a projecting wing, added in 1924 in the same style and containing a music room (deposited plans in Lancashire Record Office). To its right a gabled bay with one-light windows links it to the existing building. The added wing has a 2-storey canted bay window which has 6 lights with mullions and transom in the centre on the ground floor, and 2 lights with transom to the outer sides. On the 1st floor it has 3 lights to the centre and one to each outer side. Above the stone roof of the bay and under the coped gable there is a one-light attic window. Chimneys have grouped square shafts. Inside, the entrance hall has panelling of C17 type, an inglenook fireplace, and a dog-leg stair with turned balusters and moulded handrail. The music room has a decorated plaster ceiling in an early C17 style.

Listing NGR: SD5233940107


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].