This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO EAST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO EAST

List entry Number: 1072925

Location

MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO EAST

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Wyre

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Claughton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 185451

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLAUGHTON SD 54 SW 8/62 Manor House Farmhouse and stable 17-4-1967 adjoining to east

- II

House, 1692, altered, with later stable. Slobbered rubble with slate roof and brick chimneys. 2 storeys, 3 bays, Bays one and 2 have sashed windows with plain stone surrounds on the ground floor and 3-light rebated and chamfered mullioned windows above. The right-hand bay has similar mullioned windows, of 4 lights on the ground floor and 3 above. Between bays one and 2 there is a one-light stair window at an intermediate level. Above the door, between the 2nd and 3rd bays, there is a blocked one-light window. Door has chamfered surround with battlemented lintel inscribed: 'W AT W 1692'. Chimneys on left-hand gable and to right of door. The stable, at the right, has a window with glazing bars and plain stone surround. Outshut to part of rear wall. The east gable wall of the stable has a lintel re-set over a door with plain reveals, inscribed: 'IC 1716'.

Listing NGR: SD5330341979

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 53303 41979

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072925 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-May-2018 at 06:01:12.

End of official listing