COWLINGS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073006
Date first listed:
22-Feb-1967
Statutory Address:
COWLINGS FARMHOUSE, 13, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COWLINGS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073006 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 06:20:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
COWLINGS FARMHOUSE, 13, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
West Lancashire (District Authority)
Parish:
Wrightington
National Grid Reference:
SD5336913518

Details

WRIGHTINGTON CHURCH LANE SD 51 SW 5/92 No 13 (Cowlings Farmhouse) 22-2-1967 II

House. 1677 with C19 and C20 alterations. Scored render on stone base with concrete tile roof. End baffle-entry plan. 2 storeys, 2 bays to right of 2-storey gabled porch. Windows are C20 casements with plain reveals, stone sills, and stone lintels. On the ground floor in the left-hand bay are paired windows. Below the 1st floor window of the porch is a plaque inscribed: 'HAD RBF 1677'.Outer doorway has rendered reveals and a segmental head with a keystone carved with a vase. The wooden door frame of the inner doorway is ovolo-moulded and stopped. Gable chimneys: the right-hand one is behind the ridge and the left-hand one has a projecting stack.

Listing NGR: SD5336913518

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357868
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/06026/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Black. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].